The Marine Data Archive (MDA) is an online repository specifically developed to independently archive data files in a fully documented manner. The MDA can serve individuals, consortia, working groups and institutes
- to manage data files and file versions for a specific context (project, report, analysis, monitoring campaign)
- as a personal or institutional archive or back-up system
- as an open repository for data publication
The 1.0 version was upgraded in 2016 in order to improve the archiving and management process.
The new version 2.0 and following versions add the following functionalities:
- Search on the data files stored in the MDA
- Description tool: add the same metadata to a set of files using Templates
- Bulk upload for files and folders
- Optimised version management: group files without duplicating
- Share files
- More actions available on selection of files
- More actions available on search results
- Sorting available in overview by clicking on column headers
- Improved adding files to filesets
- Improved deleting files from filesets
- Use of different contexts
- Implementation of versions
- Improved upload functionality
- Order of public and private folders
Go to Register to request access to the MDA. You will receive a confirmation of the approval of the account.
At this point you have access to your private folder and the public folders in the Marine Data Archive.
Read the Manual to inform yourselves on the usage and the services offered in the MDA.
A Policy document describes the main principles of the Marine Data Archive (MDA) version 2.0 and the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the MDA and its services.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org